A Day in the Life of Madison

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 3



I had to post this picture of Madison giving her "serious look" to me tonight when I asked her if she was ready to go to bed. We can't help but laugh every time she does this.

This has been such a busy day for us. Madison woke up before 11:00 this morning. YAY!! We had some errands we needed to run. I needed to go to the tire store, the bank, Walmart, the grocery store and have lunch with dad. We had lunch with dad after Walmart and before the grocery store. We picked him up and he rode with us.

At lunch, dad decided that he would go with me and push Madison in the grocery cart for me....BIG MISTAKE!! When I go to the grocery store I am on a mission to get in and get out as quickly as possible. Dad, however, takes his sweet time...getting a cup of coffee, stopping at the pharmacy to say hello, etc, etc. I am walking way ahead of him getting stuff to put in the cart telling him to stay behind me. He has to show Madison everything in the grocery store!! It was cute but it wasn't.

After we dropped dad off Madison feel asleep in the car and got a good nap in before daddy got home. The biggest news is that Madison as started talking up a storm this week! With her disease the children have a very limited vocabulary but each child is different so it is hard to tell how many words they will say. Right now, she can say about 15-20 words. Today, she added more to that number and said "boat," "pool," "thank you," "aww man" and "yuck." She dropped a toy tonight and since she can't bend down to pick it up, she points to it and says "please." After Shane handed her the toy, she looked up at him and said "thank you" and smiled so big. Shane and I both started praising her. Then she went on and on saying it.

The moment I am most proud of though is this. Right now, Madison can't say hardly any sentences. The only sentence she says is "I did it". Tonight I took her outside because she loves to walk around the pool at night. I had the pool light on for her and took her out and she pointed to the pool and looked at me and said "pool." I said "Yes baby. That's the pool." Then she looked back at me and said "I wanna du in du pool." I just stared at her in complete shock and then ran inside with her to tell Shane. Of course she wouldn't say it again. All she would say is "da pool." It's moments like that I wish I had the video camera handy.

Once again Lord, I thank you for giving me another day to enjoy our precious daughter and pray that I have many, many more of them.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! Precious baby.....I want to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I could've sworn I had left a comment on your first post but I just checked and didn't see it so I don't know what happened=) Anyway, I am so happy you have started a blog, Addison and I just sat here and read your posts. She loves Madison! That is so exciting that she is talking so much! I hope we get to see you guys again soon=)

    ReplyDelete