A Day in the Life of Madison

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 5



I wanted to post this picture of Madison and mom that I took today at church. Mom was honored this morning with the Presbyterian Woman of the Year award. I am so proud of her and so blessed to have her as mom.

Mom does do much for us and I know we do not thank her enough. I know that this journey we are going down would be so much harder if we didn't have mom and dad to help us. I am truly grateful for all that they do for us.

Madison has had a great day. We all went to church this morning and then went out to lunch with mom and dad. We got our Sunday afternoon nap in. After that, it was time to tackle Madison's closet and dresser drawer. I hate doing this! I did shed a some tears when I opened a box of old clothes and it contained her preemie and newborn clothes. It was so hard to remember how small Madison was. Where did the past 3 years ago? I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I am so not ready for this.

I was cleaning out one of Madison's drawer that had just blankets in it. She came up behind me in her walker and pointed to the blanket, looked at me, and said "blanket." I am so happy to hear her talking so much. She is saying about 2-3 new words a day right now.

One last story....tonight for dinner I cooked pig-in-the-blankets and I had the hot dogs boiling on the stove. Madison was in the kitchen with me. The water started boiling over the pan and started smoking and Madison pointed up to the stove and said "uh oh." Shane and I both started laughing. I love making precious memories with my precious family!

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing this past weekend before my yard sale ... I pulled out a box of Addison's preemie clothes ... time does go by too fast! How can we slow it down???

    ReplyDelete