A Day in the Life of Madison

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 79

Today was another day of very little excitement.  Madison is feeling so good though and for that I am very thankful.  We are excited because one week from today Amy will be here for an entire week!!  We can't wait for her to get here.  I am already dreading telling her bye because this is going to be the last time I get to see her pregnant.  This is also going to be the first time she comes and there won't be another trip already scheduled.  We are going to cherish the week she is here with us and look forward to the visits with baby Cristina! 

Also, dad did have the tip of his big toe removed today.  Mom also received another IV to help get her hydrated.  She already is sounding better but still weak.  Dad is also feeling pretty good.  He is glad to have the surgery behind him and hopefully he won't have to go through that again.  We are very thankful for wonderful friends who have cooked dinner for mom and dad and helped get them to and from appointments. 

I took this video of Madison tonight as I was cooking dinner.  She is really starting to stand for longer periods of time in her walker.  It may not seem like a long time when you see the video but for Madison this is huge!  Her leg strength is so weak.  It amazes me how she can get around in the walker and then for her to stand for a little bit is just awesome!  Towards the end of the video Madison started giving me the "serious look" and it was cracking me up, but that is nothing new.  She cracks me up all day long!!

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest video ever! Your voice sounds so much like Amys! Makes me miss her more.

    ReplyDelete