A Day in the Life of Madison

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 74

Dad came up to the house again today.  I was going to take Madison to mom and dad's house but when we woke up and realized it was cold and raining, we knew we didn't need to get Madison out.  I am helping throw a baby shower for Amy with some of her friends and we needed to run out and get some stuff for the shower.  I also did my grocery shopping and was able to have lunch with a friend.

Back to dad watching Madison.  Dad does very good when he watches Madison and I never worry when he is with her.  He isn't afraid at all.  He does her breathing treatments and is able to hook her up to her oxygen with no problem.  However, getting Madison changed into different clothes when she has an accident is a different story.  I had moved Madison's clothes to her changing table and put the summer clothes and clothes that are a little too small for her in the chester drawers.  Apparently, I forgot to tell dad that I did that....about a year and a half ago!  Her changing table always has the current clothes in them.  I called to check on Madison and he was telling me about the dilemma he had trying to get Madison in some clothes that would fit her.  He said he tried to put a turtle neck on her but she didn't like and he finally found a shirt he could get over her head.  Needless to say he got her dressed just fine.

When I got home, I noticed right away that the outfit didn't match AT ALL.  No big deal though.  After dad left, I went to change Madison's diaper and outfit.  Okay...I couldn't take it that she didn't match!  I started noticing the clothes that were out that he had tried on Madison and I couldn't help but laugh.  The turtle neck that he tried on Madison was a long sleeve swimsuit that protects her from the sun!  The shirt and pants were both 6-9 months.  Madison is in 18 months.  Luckily, the sizes ran big and Madison wasn't uncomfortable.  I love him to death and this just makes me smile.  It is totally Dad!! 

I told you I had several videos that I wanted to post.  This is one that I took one day while Madison and I were eating lunch.  This is me saying the blessing and Madison bowing her head and saying Amen.  I hope you enjoy it. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi...my name is Sara amick Joyce amick is my mom and ...amber amick ..is my neice i love the pictures of your little madison!!...and ive been praying for you and your family!!...i love the praying video also!!..Love , Sara♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Brooklyn has that same shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete