A Day in the Life of Madison

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 64

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  It just doesn't seem the same without Amy and Paul here.  I missed them terribly.  This holiday season has been pretty rough for me.  I remember before we had Madison, I always looked forward to carrying on our holiday family traditions with her.  We always have so much fun when we get together with our extended family and I wanted my children to grow up with the same joy it brought me.  Some of my fondest memories are with all my cousins on Christmas Day and Christmas night.   

With Madison's disease all of our traditions have changed and we don't get to see everyone like we did around the holidays.  Madison's health is more important but it is still hard.  This is the first Christmas Eve that we did not attend our candle light service at our church.  That was when it really it me that you really realize what we are up against.  I know it is hard on mom and dad as well.  They have changed their traditions so they can be with us during the holidays so they miss out as well.  We do still make the best of the situation and make sure we make wonderful memories with Madison.  That is what is most important to us.  Hopefully, Madison will continue to stay healthy.   

We have been amazed by how active she has gotten in the past months.  Anytime she gets a cold, it sets her back.  I am certain we have made the right choice by keeping her in this winter.  However, summer can not get here fast enough.  I miss taking her to the grocery store, going out to eat, going to church, having play dates, etc., etc., etc. 

Here are some pictures and a video from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I also included some pictures from when Amy and Paul were here. 

Drinking a bottle while Mommy cooks Christmas Eve dinner.

Patiently waiting for MiMi Papa to come over after church. 

They're here!!

MiMi and Papa let Madison open a gift on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day.  MiMi helping Madison open her present.

 Madison watching Amy and Paul open their presents.

Amy and Paul opening their presents.

Madison being her happy little self.



Amy and Paul helping Madison open her present from Grandma Jackie.



I am sorry this video is so dark.
I took it Christmas Eve after mom and dad
had left.  Shane had fallen asleep on
the couch and I was about to do Madison's
breathing treatment.  She started laughing at a
face I was making for her.  Love that girl!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.  I can not say thank you enough for the prayers that many of you lift up for our family daily.  I am so thankful for the faith I have in knowing that God hears all of our cries but it will be His will that is going to be done.  Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Riley family!! You are doing such a great job keeping her healthy, I know it isn't easy but it's more than worth it! Praying that she continues to have a good winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful one. I love watching Madison and seeing her beautiful pictures. Honestly, there is this glow about her. I pray for you always and thank you for your prayers as well. Love and kisses to little Maddy. God bless you guys.
    Love,
    Lauren Giunta (Alexis & Taylor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, her laugh melts my heart! We miss you and Madison, too!! But, you are so smart to keep her away from all the germs flying around right now. Spring/summer will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete