A Day in the Life of Madison

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 62

Once again, I am sorry that I haven't posted in a few days.  Amy and Paul both flew in on Thursday.  We have been very busy spending a few days with them.  They were only here for 4 days and we had a bunch of stuff to squeeze in to such a short period of time. 

It was so great to see how much Amy's little baby bump had grown.  She is glowing!  I do believe she is the cutest pregnant women I have ever seen.  Madison and I took her to the airport yesterday and once again it was very hard.  It is getting harder and harder as her pregnancy furthers.  We are looking forward to the beginning of February when Amy comes back and will be here for an entire week.

Madison had such a wonderful time Amy and Paul.  She felt the need to entertain them the entire time.  I have so many pictures I want to upload but our computer has a virus on it and I can't find my camera cord for the laptop.  Once I locate it I will be uploading some pictures and videos. 

Hopefully I am back to my routine of posting everyday.  Madison is doing very well.  We have kept her in so much this winter and I do believe that has made a difference.  I am praying that this will be our first Christmas and New Year's since she was born that she hasn't been in the hospital.  

Dad watched her for me this morning so I could do my Christmas shopping for her.  I went to Toys R Us and had a major melt down in the store!  Madison is 3 and is just starting to get to the point where she is limited to the toys that she can play with.  She is playing with toys that range for 0-24 months.  Above 24 months you start getting a lot more toys that she can't play with because of her limitations.  I feel like she has all the toys that we can get for her that she can actually use.  It was  frustrating because it just made me aware of her disability.  Yes, we are aware of her disability but we overlook it everyday and don't even notice it anymore.  Today, I felt like it was just being rubbed in my face on every aisles I went down.  I got in the car and let it out. Madison isn't aware of her limitations and I don't ever want her to be.  I will do whatever I have to, to make sure that Madison is happy.  Luckily, she doesn't have to have toys for me to accomplish that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment