A Day in the Life of Madison

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 58

Madison finally got to see her MiMi today!  She hasn't seen her since Thanksgiving.  That is the longest they have gone without seeing each other.  It was so cute when she saw her.  Madison took off to her in her walker and had her arms up the entire time.  Mimi couldn't pick her up fast enough. 

Madison had a rough night though.  Normally, I go and lay down with her every night but Shane said he would do it.  They both fell asleep pretty fast.  After I saw that they were both asleep, I stayed up and watched a movie in the den.  At about 11:30, I started going through and turning off all the lights when Shane hollered out for me.  I could hear Madison screaming this horrible cry and I ran in there.  Shane said she woke up and rolled over to look at him and them rolled over and realized I wasn't there.  It broke my heart!! 

Madison wakes up about 3 to 4 times a night.  Usually because she has lost pappy.  Once she gets situated again she grabs my hand and falls back asleep.  She was crying so hard she couldn't hardly catch her breath.  I picked her up and we hooked her up to the pulse ox monitor and her oxygen levels were in the 70s and 80s.  After she got in the high 90s and stayed there for more than 10 minutes we went back to bed.  She clinched on to my arm all night long.  I felt so bad I wasn't there when she woke up.  Hopefully tonight will be a better night.

No comments:

Post a Comment