A Day in the Life of Madison

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 51

Madison didn't go to sleep until around midnight last night.  I put her to bed around 8:30 and had been going in to check on her.  Well at 9:30 when I went to check on her she got so happy.  She was laughing, kicking and talking up a storm.  She was too happy to keep her in the bed.  I took her out of the bed and went into the den with her to play.  We stayed up until 11:00 and then we tried to lay down again.  She still wasn't keen about going to sleep but gave it up shortly after. 

She has also become a very strong willed child.  She won't let me brush her teeth anymore.  She has to do it.  She will let me hold her hand and guide her to where she is still getting a good brush.  She is also determined to feed herself.  She lets me feed her the fruits and vegetables but she has to feed herself the yogurt.  She hands me the spoon to put yogurt on it and then I hand it back to her so she can feed herself.  I am so proud of her with the determination she shows.  Who cares about the big mess we make...it is totally worth it.  It melts my heart when she claps for herself because she knows she has done something she should be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment