A Day in the Life of Madison

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I know that I haven't posted all week.  I am reminded everyday from my sister!  The good news is Madison is doing wonderful.  The not so good news is that she is still going through a very clingy stage.  She has been going wild on us here lately and that hasn't left much time for the blog.  I am so thankful though.

As thankful as I am that Madison hasn't been sick all fall and winter, it still makes me a little nervous that we haven't seen our pediatrician since November.  When Madison's cardiologist found the leak in one of Madison's heart valves in October, he said it was very minor and that he couldn't even hear it on the stethoscope.  He said if we were to notice where Madison's color changes to a constant pale color or if we notice a change in her energy level to go to the pediatrician or call him.  He said if it worsens our pediatrician would hear a clicking sound when she checked her heart with the stethoscope. 

I truly believe that in the last 6 months Madison has improved so much.  Before she was sleeping about 12 to 14 hours a night and then getting a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.  She is now sleeping about 10 hours a night and we are lucky if she gets a 45 minute nap in the afternoon.  I still make her rest for at least a hour every afternoon even if she doesn't go to sleep.  Even though she doesn't wake up until 8:30-9:00, since she sleeps with us if I get out of the bed she wakes up and cries until I lay back down with her.

As soon as she wakes up and drinks her bottle we play until lunch and then I try to get her to take a nap.  I cherish these moments that her and I have everyday.  All winter since we have been staying in, we are lucky if we get our showers before 3:00! 

I will try to do better this week in posting.  I didn't realize how many people follow this blog on a regular basis.  I am truly humbled by the amount of people that care so deeply for our Madison.  By no means am I considered a writer but I do hope that everyone who reads this blog will receive the joy that Madison brings to all around her.  She truly is a blessing to us.  I would not trade this journey we are going down for anything for I know that this is the Lord's will for Madison and we have put all of our trust and faith in him and because of that, we have the strength and the peace to go through each day.  Thank you for all the prayers that you lift for Madison. 

Sorry I don't have a video or a picture to post tonight.  I promise I will try to get some up this week.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment