A Day in the Life of Madison

Monday, February 28, 2011

We had a great weekend.  I am so glad that hunting season is over, for two reasons: one, Shane is home more now on the weekends and two, camouflage isn't all in the laundry room anymore! 

Madison is still going through a clingy stage.  I am thinking about investing in a baby carrier that I can put on and put her in it.  I think she would actually enjoy it.  Today is the first day she has taken a long afternoon nap.  She used to take a 2-3 hour nap but in the past few weeks, we were lucky if she slept a hour. 

Yesterday afternoon I took her over to mom and dad's house so we could spend some time with them.  Dad is starting to feel better each day.  He still has the pic line in and will be receiving antibiotics through it for at least two more weeks.  We are hoping then he will be finished.  He is still doing the hyperbaric chamber five days a week.  He has 4 more weeks left of that.  Fortunately, the toe is starting to look better, too.  We are hoping and praying that they will not have to do a full amputation of that toe. 

They really enjoyed their visit with Madison.  I think Madison enjoyed it more because she has surely missed her Mimi and Papa!  I have got to remember to start taking my video camera with me when we go for visits.  Yesterday was a moment I wish I could have captured on video.  Madison wanted dad's undivided attention and was doing a lot of babbling.  I started going through some videos that we took when Amy was here.  I found some that she took while I was helping set up for her baby shower.  I am glad she got Madison on video doing her babble talk!


1 comment:

  1. April, I have just spent the better part of my afternoon reading your blog and watching videos and crying (sometimes with happiness, sometimes at the silliness, and when Amy got in the car and Madison asked for Paul)! You and Madison are truly a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete