A Day in the Life of Madison

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 85

Wow!  Has it really been over a week since I last posted?!?!  We have been crazy busy.  As you know Amy came in and we were able to spend an entire week with her and we LOVED it.  We hated to see her go.   This was the last visit she will get to make until the baby arrives in April.  I have several videos that I will be posting from her visit here. 

Last Thursday Shane came home from work with the chills.  This isn't anything out of the ordinary on cold days such as that so we didn't think anything of it.  Friday morning Shane called me and told I might want to wash the bed sheets (since Madison sleeps with us) because he had a sore throat.  By the time he got home he had a fever.  I quarantined him to one side of the house and kept Madison on the other.  Shane slept on the couch.  Saturday morning his fever was 102.  I took Madison to mom and dad's and met Shane at the walk in clinic.  We wanted to limit the contact between the two of them to as little as possible.  They tested Shane for the flu and it came back positive.  I came home and got Shane situated and then packed up several things and Madison and I went and stayed at mom and dad's for a few days to keep her from getting sick. 

They told us that Shane wouldn't be contagious after 24 hours of having no fever but with Madison's weak immune system we would be better to wait 48 hours, which we did.  I came to the house yesterday while dad watched Madison and sanitized the house and washed all the blankets, sheets, towels and clothes.  Luckily, neither one of us are showing signs of getting sick.  I hope and pray it stays that way.  =)

We are trying to get Madison back into a regular routine.  She has been spoiled having Amy here and then staying with Mimi and Papa for a few days.

I took this video today as I was spraying Lysol around the house.  We go through a bottle of Lysol a week!  I have always sprayed it regularly with Madison but since sickness invaded our house I have been going CRAZY with it.  Madison got the giggles today as she was watching me spray the Lysol and spin around in circles!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! I really enjoyed the video of Madison laughing...it makes me smile! She is sooo precious. I especially appreciate the scripture you have posted on your blog, and your expression of faith in the God who made Madison perfectly according to His plan!
    I am Amber Amick's Gramma. It is a joy to be connected with other I-dell families and to be able to see the similarities of the children. I have a very special place in my heart and in my prayers for you and the other families. May God richly bless you as you trust Him with each day!
    Joyce Amick

    ReplyDelete