A Day in the Life of Madison

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today was one of those days where I wish I had the video camera rolling nonstop.  Madison has talked literally ALL day!  Thursday means cleaning day at the Riley house.  Every Thursday I do my weekly clean and normally Madison is right behind me with an old dish rag doing whatever I do.  Today I cleaned most of the house before she woke up so she didn't get to help like she normally does but I did finish faster than usual. 

I have to tell you about the CUTEST thing Madison did today.  I have called everyone to tell them.  Every time we eat we always bless the food before.  I say this generic children's prayer and Madison knows right when it is over because she always says "Amen."  Well yesterday I quit saying the same old prayer and actually said a grown-up prayer.  I blessed the food and then I asked for God's protection over Shane at work.  Well instead of saying Shane I said daddy.  Madison was sitting in her high chair with her head bowed and before I get another word out Madison says, "And Mimi."  So we prayed for Mimi.  Then Madison say, "And Papa." So of course we prayed for Papa.  Then she says, "And Paul."  Right after she said that I said, "And who else?"  She immediately replied,  "Amy!"  She didn't mention the baby, but I did, so we prayed for the baby too.  It was absolutely the sweetest thing!

Well, tonight at dinner, as I said our prayer, Madison didn't say anything when I mentioned Daddy, Mimi, Papa, Paul or Amy.  As I was finishing up the prayer, I asked for Jesus to place his healing hands over Madison and to heal her of this disease.  I wasn't quite finished but before I could go on, Madison says, "Amen!"  It wasn't her normal 'Amen.'  It was like she was shouting it.  I couldn't help but laugh and cry all at the same time! 

I hate I didn't get these two precious moments on video, but they are memories I will carry for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment