A Day in the Life of Madison

Thursday, March 17, 2011

While Madison is down for her afternoon nap I have a few minutes to update the blog.  I noticed on Monday that Madison wasn't really herself.  She didn't want to be in her walker very much, which is VERY unusual.  She either wanted to be in the chair on the counter or wanted me to hold her.  I didn't think too much about it until Tuesday when she was doing the same thing.  By that afternoon I called our pediatrician and set up an appointment for her to examine her on Wednesday morning. 

I was hoping and praying that I was overreacting and that it was all due to the time change.  Since her cardiologists told us that fatigue is a sign that the leak in her heart might have worsened, I didn't want to assume anything and wanted to be 100 percent sure it wasn't her heart.  I hooked her up to the pulseox monitor to check her oxygen levels Tuesday night.  Shane and I sat there and stared at that thing for two hours.  It was all over the place.  No consistency what so ever.  Below 89 is bad.  She mainly stayed in the low 90s and then would drop to the high 70s, back to the 80s and 90s, and so forth.

Long story short, we took her to our friends Matt and Summer's house Tuesday night at 8:30 so he could listen to her heart with his stethoscope and he didn't hear anything.  We felt good about that.  We still took her to the pediatrician on Wednesday and she also didn't hear anything either.  After all that stress and worry, we are going to get us a stethoscope and I am going to have our cardiologist show me what I need to do so I can listen at home.  We believe her oxygen levels were all over the place because the pulseox wasn't able to get an accurate reading. 

Needless to say, it sounds like it is the time change that made her so fatigued.  After catching up on her sleep she is getting back to her happy self!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, that's very unsettling! I hope she gets a good nights sleep and is back to her normal spunky self!!

    ReplyDelete