A Day in the Life of Madison

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Well I guess it's true that there is a first time for every thing.  Madison is such a good child and very rarely do I have to get on to her but there are times where she does get in trouble.  I know...hard to believe.  She is still continuing to feed herself and is doing really good with it. 

However, today at lunch was not so good.  She had fed herself some of the fruits and vegetables but was playing with the spoon more than eating.  I took the spoon away and started feeding her myself.  When it got time for her to eat her yogurt she was already mad because I wouldn't let her feed herself because she was playing with the spoon.  I had corrected her several time but she kept doing it so I wasn't going to let her try again. 

I had a spoonful of yogurt getting ready to go into her mouth and Madison got really mad and swatted my hand away causing the yogurt to go every where and I dropped the spoon.  Of course she got in trouble for this and I was telling her that we don't do that and that she wasn't getting any more yogurt.  As I am cleaning up the table I am telling her why we don't do that and I look over at Madison and my heart just broke!  She was sitting in her high chair with her head bowed down and her bottom lip poking out.  She knew she was in trouble.  I kept thinking she was going to cry but she never did.  I had to stay focused on the issue and over look it but I came close to giving in. 

When you all see the video that I am going to post tonight you are going to be mad that I got on to her for that at lunch.  I did not teach Madison good tonight at dinner but her laugh was just to hilarious.  We were eating dinner and as I am putting a piece of food in my mouth and I completely missed my mouth.  Madison was watching me and broke out laughing.  I did it again on purpose just to get another laugh out of her and it was such a hardy laugh that I ran and got the video camera.  Well of course she wouldn't do it with the video camera rolling.  So this is where I am teaching her bad.  I started throwing little pieces of bread up and catching them in my mouth.  Well the video alone will show you how funny Madison thought this was.

Needless to say Madison got over the incident at lunch pretty fast and did great at dinner.  She didn't play with her spoon at least!  Progress!!!  I can not begin to tell you the fun that she and I have everyday.  Our days are filled with fun and laughter but when Madison laughs like this, it just makes all of our troubles and worries go away. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love her laugh! Love y'all - Mary

    ReplyDelete