A Day in the Life of Madison

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yes I know, it has been a long time since I posted, again!  I can't get over how long it has taken us to recover from this trip.  Madison slept longer for a good week.  Almost 15 hours each night and about a four and half hour night each day.  This week she is sleeping about 12 hours each night and about a two hour nap in the afternoons.  That is her normal routine.  I feel bad for my mom and dad.  Mom was in Dallas for Aubrey's birth and flew in the day before we left.  We got home on Thursday and mom and dad both flew back on Tuesday to help out with the new baby and they are flying back home tonight.  I know that they are drained but also know that they are enjoying every minute that they get to spend with their grandchildren.

We haven't had much exciting going on around the Riley house.  We had a wonderful Mother's day.  We got up and went to church that morning.  We have been visiting Hiland Park Baptist church for a few months now but we have been listening to the sermons at home most of the winter.  Shane and I both felt in our hearts that this was the place we needed to be.  We had been talking about joining but we just hadn't done it yet.  After the sermon on Mother's Day we both knew it was time and went up during the invitation and joined the church.  It couldn't have been a better Mother's Day.  Of course, I didn't have my camera on me for Mother's Day so I called the church and asked them if they could send me the picture that was taken after the service for new members.  This is the only picture I have from Mother's day but one that I will cherish.  Of course, Shane isn't smiling.  We all know how much he LOVES to have his picture taken!!  Notice the sarcasmm.


Madison is going through this stage right now where she loves to wear sunglasses.  I try to always put them on her when we go outside because her little eyes are so sensitive.  She will NOT wear her sunglasses.  She has to wear one of mine.  I am surprised but she will keep them on.  Well since I don't buy expensive sunglasses and just get mine at Target, her and I share sunglasses.  She cracks me up because when we are in the car, I will give her a pair of mine and put another one of my own and we are constantly trading.  I took these pictures of Madison just being silly putting two pair of sunglasses on at a time.  She was really cracking herself up.  I will try to get some new video of her this week and post on the blog as well. 



1 comment:

  1. Love that sweet baby girl in her shades. :) I bought Madeline the same Old Navy tank top, too! Hugs to my girls!

    ReplyDelete