A Day in the Life of Madison

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blessings in my Life

I have created a blog called "The Life of Riley...A Day in the Life of Madison." My sister shared this idea with me that she got from one of her friends, and I thought it was such a great idea I wanted to create one for Madison. The goal is to write a story about Madison everyday and post a picture or a video. Well, some of you might ask, "Why would I do that?" As some of you may or may not know, our daughter Madison was diagnosed with a rare genetic disease called Mucolipidosis Type II, also referred to as I-Cell disease. This is a lysosmal disease that affects her enzymes. The doctors have told us that Madison has a life expectancy of about 3-8 years. Madison is two years old right now with a birthday quickly approaching in November. This is why I have created this blog. With the good Lord willing I am hoping that I have post everyday for a very long time.

I couldn't think of a better first blog and pictures to share than the one I am about to show you. Madison has started "Amen" when we pray. Everyday at lunch and dinner when I ask her if she is ready to eat she runs into the kitchen and says "Amen, Amen" just over and over. Tonight at dinner I had my camera ready to capture these sweet and precious little moments that I share with her everyday. We have taught her to put her hands together and to bow her head. She never keeps her hands together but she does keep her head bowed. The biggest thing that melts my heart the most is that after the prayer is over she always says "Amen" in the sweetest angelic voice you could imagine and oh, that sweet innocent smile she gives puts the biggest smile in my heart.

Madison putting her hands together.


Bowing her head.

The smile after she says "Amen"





2 comments:

  1. Hi April,
    So glad you are sharing these sweet moments with Madison. I keep up with you through your CaringBridge and Amy. You are an amazing mommy and family! Can't wait to read more!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I am so glad that you are doing this blog. I am a blog-aholic anyway and I love that I can add yours to my list. This will be my new favorite blog. Madison is such a joy and it will be wonderful to be able to keep up with you all this way. Love to you all, Cousin Louise

    ReplyDelete